Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Writing (About) Life: Azaleas And Roses and Money Plants, Oh My! (And Irises)


Around the backyard Late April/Early May 2013


Two azaleas...



One azalea...





Several azaleas. The roofers trampled the ever-living daylights out of these bushes several years ago, and they've bloomed like crazy ever since. Not sure what this means...




Azalea, up close...




Grand #3's 3rd Grade Cabbage Plant Project we planted last year. I let it go to seed...





A pale blue iris and a purple iris from Mamaw Rose's (DH's late mom's) iris bed...






A money plant (penny plant?) from the DH's late Aunt Peg's flower bed. See the round seed pods? Hence the name, I guess...




A rose in bloom on one of Mamaw Rose's rooted antique roses. This is a big deal because I rooted it, and I know nothing about rooting roses...




This concludes this years backyard tour--unless something else blooms.

No comments: