Sunday, October 11, 2009

Thank Heaven For Little Girls

As I may have said before, I just love little girls -- probably because I used to be one. My grandchildren have a hard time with this concept, but it's true. Really.


See?










My appreciation was reinforced yesterday when I dashed into the CVS Pharmacy to get the Vitamin D supplement my doctor had recommended.

A little girl, who I would guess was around four years old, and her mother were walking down the makeup aisle. The little girl stopped suddenly and cried, "Mommy! Look! Look! We have to buy some of this so we can decorate!"

Personally, I am very fond of "decorating." Nothing cheers me up better than a new lipstick or an eyeshadow -- and usually for a guilt-free price. I did once buy a Lancome lipstick, which, as lipsticks go, was the absolute best I've ever used. It was also the most expensive. I still sometimes look at them longingly when I'm in Belk's at the mall (brown family with rose undertones -- be still my beating heart), but thus far my credit card has stayed out of mischief. I just can't bring myself to spend that much money to "decorate," even if it does do wonders for my psyche.

Anyway, the little girl in CVS made me laugh, so I thought I'd share. It's hard to find even smile-worthy moments these days.

Till next time.

No comments: