Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Seven Days' Worth of Celebrity Events


I've mentioned (all right, more than "mentioned") my encounters with the former President, and George Clooney, and Renée Zellweger, but there was one more important happening in a mere seven-day span. The arrival of the best celebrity of all -- my younger sister's boy.

This is one of my favorite photos of him. He doesn't look quite like that now -- he's a college sophomore and a world traveler these days and he no longer carries a flat rabbit. He's still smiling and handsome, of course, and we were delighted that he and his very sweet and pretty friend elected to swing by to see us on their way from the Biltmore House to the Outer Banks. My immediate family is both small and scattered, so this was a truly Big Event for me and for his eighty-seven-year-old grandmother, not to mention the grandchildren, who wouldn't be a bit surprised to learn that he possessed super powers. We wouldn't have missed seeing him for anything.

What a great seven days.

Now I'm off to try to teach my new MacSpeech software program to take dictation and put it into a Microsoft Word document -- preferably coherently. Let me say here that I anticipate nothing but trouble and heartache regarding this endeavor.

No comments: