Saturday, April 26, 2014

(The) Writing Life--Today's "Novel Quote" from THE FIRST BOY I LOVED...






"...The old monk told me a story today, a legend, he said. I'm not sure why--except that he seems to know everything and he likes to share. But I guess the real reason he told me is because of you. I took some food to the orphanage--whatever C-rations we could spare, mostly. He always sits in the doorway and he almost never says anything. But today he asked me if I left a woman behind. I said I did, and he asked me if I loved her. I told him all the time. He said I was worrying too much and I should stop. It's already decided, he said. Then he told me about the red string. He even gave me some to hold, because that's the way he teaches--quietly, with props. So here's the legend..."



LINK: AMAZON.COM: CLICK HERE

LINK: BARNES & NOBLE: CLICK HERE

No comments: