Saturday, July 14, 2012

THE SOLDIER'S WIFE--AVAILABLE IN AUGUST














I need music when I write. Hearing this song, the late Doc Watson's a capella version of "Pretty Saro," let me "see" the story as if it were a movie or better yet, a drama production done by PBS. 

Whenever I heard it, "Jack Murphy" became real. I could see him, exhausted and making his way on horseback over the rough Blue Ridge Mountains. I knew he was more alone now than he had ever been. He had left behind his "orphan family" and the faithless girl he was going to marry. He was in danger, on the run, and despite all that, he was searching for the woman he'd promised to find--"The Soldier's Wife." 




If you'd like to hear the song, HERE IS THE LINK:




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHnGXDNqQjE


-----------------------------------------------------------------

THE SOLDIER'S WIFE by Cheryl Reavis

http://www.amazon.com/Soldiers-Wife-Inspired-Historical-ebook/dp/B00835W3Q8/ref=tmm_kin_title_0?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&qid=1335227069&sr=1-1




No comments: