Friday, September 11, 2009

Birthday Greetings and Me




I'm having a birthday in a little less than two weeks, and yesterday I got five birthday greetings. FIVE. Three cards, one email, and one very gorgeous purple quilted tote with a matching clutch.

The tote and clutch were an early birthday gift from my sister. Two of the cards were from my cousin and my aunt, respectively. The other card was from Verizon, America's Largest and Most Reliable Wireless Network.

Now I'm not surprised that my sister, my cousin, and my aunt know that my birthday is coming around -- but Verizon Wireless? We've never even met. I understand the concept of "junk mail," but not "junk mail Birthday Greetings." It was nice of them, I guess. I don't plan on becoming a customer, but still.

And the email? That Birthday Greeting was from Medicare. Now how scary is that?


No comments: