Monday, October 27, 2008

More Mystery Movie Stars Memory Keeping and Major Digressing.


So far, the first mystery movie star remains unidentified. So here's another one.

The pose seems somewhat unusual to me -- a bit like the wedding photos appearing in the local newspaper of late, with the brides all wearing approximately the same strapless wedding dress and sometimes standing in front of closed doors as if they've been locked out or in front of a stone wall as if they've been detained and are about to be frisked. Now and then, they're standing in open doorways, arms raised -- something on the order of Mae West's "Come up and...see...me sometime..."

Then there are some who are actually sitting outside on the ground, or on cement-looking steps with very utilitarian iron railing behind them, or on what looks for the world like a dirty dungeon floor strewn with dead leaves. In. A. Wedding. Dress. Being a dedicated cheapskate and knowing at least the ballpark figure for a bridal gown nowadays -- not to mention the cost of dry-cleaning -- photographs like these are enough to give me palpitations.

Oh, and some of the brides, bless their hearts, are clearly in love with their automobiles.

At the risk of sounding like Andy Rooney, no, I do not understand any part of this trend -- (sigh) -- and fortunately, I don't have to fund any of them. I'll just mind my own beeswax and get to the point, how about that?

Except now I don't remember what it was.

No, wait. It's coming to me. Please look at the movie star, and if you know who he is, a post here would be very nice. And very appreciated.

I'm just going to go now...

No comments: